What We Know About The 15+ Ships Currently In Development for Star Citizen (Ft. Execute)

“With so many ships of the backlog, CIG has a lot of work to get through in making sure all of their sold concepts are flyable. With many set to come in the next couple months, there are several with further out timelines that might not even start for a couple more months. Join me and Execute from Inforunners to discuss the current lineup of ships in development for Star Citizen.”

In this podcast episode, the guest and host discuss the 15+ ships that are currently in development for Star Citizen. They initiate the conversation with the RSI Polaris, a significant development in the game as it points towards the commencement of work on capital ships. The Polaris is expected to serve as the smallest capital combat ship and could perform various functions, including functioning as a Mothership for smaller vessels, or acting as a deterrent to pirates.

The Santok.ya’i, an alien ship, was another significant discussion point. The speakers admire the unique design of this ship but also express concerns that its usefulness might diminish over time, given the multitude of options for medium fighters. The design and specialized functionality of Santok.ya’i, along with its entry into a crowded category, could lead to buyer’s remorse among players who don’t find sufficient use for it.

A discussion on the Tumbril Nova or ‘Storm’ tank reveals the expectation of this being a multi-faceted vehicle with several uses. Its real value, however, is believed to stem from its deterrent effect in-game. The Storm’s specifications position it as the ‘tip of the spear’, designed to focus heavy firepower on a specific target. However, the cost of using its high-powered torpedoes could potentially deter its use among players.

The guests also tackle speculative topics surrounding ‘Zeus’, a potential high-functionality medium ship from the manufacturer RSI. Positioned as an improvement on the original Zeus ship, it’s speculated that this variant could serve purposes like exploration or ferrying passengers. Predictions put the Zeus as an imminent development in the game, leveraging designs from the recently worked-on Santok.ya’i.

Finally, the speakers explore the potential value-add from the developing RSI mining ship and the G12 series ground vehicle. These developments generate excitement for two reasons: they represent progress in completing the backlog of ship designs in the game, but also indicate new gameplay options opening up for players. The introduction of medium ships, like the hypothetical RSI miner and the real ground vehicle, the G12 series, is seen as a way of filling operational gaps in the game’s mechanics.