The Hull-C Dilemma: Trade in a Single System

“So I’m very excited for 3.20 and the Release of the Hull-C. You probably already know this with my love of Cargo hauling. But I’m also Concerned. Join me as I explain what’s on the cards, some issues we might encounter, and some things I’d like to see.”

In this video, the speaker talks about the Hull-C, a massive cargo hauling ship in the game Star Citizen. The ship is designed to revolutionize trade in the game by being able to carry a large amount of cargo externally. The Hull-C can hold 4608 SCU of cargo, which is significantly more than other ships of similar size. However, the video discusses the challenges and disappointments surrounding trade in the game’s current economy. The limited variety and volume of available cargo, as well as the lack of variation in trade routes, make trade repetitive and less engaging for players. The speaker suggests potential solutions, such as introducing cargo missions for large quantities of specific goods and implementing loading timers for all ships to make trade more realistic and balanced.

The video also highlights concerns about the release of the Hull-C. While the ship is set to be released in Alpha 3.20, there are concerns that the issues surrounding trade in the game’s economy have not been fully addressed yet. The limited number of star systems in the game creates a small trading environment, making it difficult for large ships like the Hull-C to have varied and dynamic trade routes. The speaker expresses skepticism about the ship’s release timeline and hopes that the issues will be resolved before the ship becomes available.

Overall, the video discusses the potential impact of the Hull-C on trade in Star Citizen. While the ship has the potential to enhance cargo hauling, the current limitations of the game’s economy, such as limited cargo variety and repetitive trade routes, raise concerns about the ship’s practicality and usefulness. The speaker offers suggestions for short-term solutions and expresses hopes that the issues will be addressed to make trade more engaging and diverse in the game.