The 5 Minute Mining Guide - Get started with a rental prospector!

"For my entry into this year’s Foundation Festival Tutorial Competition I’m going to try and cram a mining guide into just 5 minutes (from the same guy who took more than an hour over his main one this is a tall order).

Hope you enjoy! "

In this video tutorial, the presenter explains how to use a rental prospector to earn money through mining in the game Star Citizen. The rental prospector can be found at any of Stanton’s nine refinery stations, which are also ideal locations for miners to base themselves. The prospector can be rented for just over 50k a day. Once you have rented the prospector, the next step is to head over to a moon, such as Magda.

Upon arriving at a moon, the first step is to scan for rocks to mine. This is done by activating the scanning mode and pinging an area of interest with a tight beam. Once a cluster of rocks is detected, the player can scan them individually to determine their contents and value. The player is advised to focus on mining rocks from the tier 2 list, as tier 3 rocks may devalue the load. Mining the rocks involves positioning the laser within the optimal range, adjusting the charge level, and extracting the fragments.

When the cargo is full, it’s time to head back to the refinery. The player has the option to sell the raw materials at the kiosks for half their value or set up a refining job for a better yield. DINIC solventation is recommended as the refining process. After setting up the work order, the player can later deliver the refined materials to their cargo ship and transport them to a major landing zone, such as Louisville on Hurston. At the central business district, the player can sell the refined materials at the trading terminal for profit. The video concludes by emphasizing the potential profitability of mining using a rental prospector and wishing the viewers a happy Foundation Festival.