Starfield gave me new hope for Star Citizen

“Like many of you will have been I’ve been hitting Starfield pretty hard these last few days. But while I’ve been enjoying it for what it is it has also given me a feeling that this game is going to have a really good knock on impact on Star”

The author of the video transcript discusses their recent experience playing Starfield and how it has given them renewed hope for Star Citizen. Despite some recent disappointments in the gaming world, they found that Starfield lived up to their expectations and delivered on its promises, even with some bugs. They then explore the implications of Starfield’s success on Star Citizen, arguing that it will actually make the game better in the long run.

The author begins by acknowledging a perceived “rut” in Star Citizen, citing quieter Discords, decreased server populations, and content creators burning out on the game. However, they believe that Starfield’s release has generated excitement both within and outside its fanbase. Starfield has attracted a wide player base, including those who have followed Bethesda’s games in the past. The author believes that Starfield’s popularity will introduce more players to the space game genre and potentially lead them to explore Star Citizen.

Another benefit of Starfield’s release, according to the author, is the introduction of competition in the space game market. Star Citizen is no longer the only game aiming for features like planetary landings, major cities, NPC crews, shipboardings, and a blend of spaceship and FPS combat. The author suggests that competition pushes developers to improve their games and attract more talented individuals to the industry. Starfield’s quality star map and different gameplay mechanics can serve as a reference for Star Citizen developers and players to provide feedback and enhance the game.

The author also highlights the differences between Starfield and Star Citizen, noting the former’s more arcade-like feel despite Star Citizen’s level of realism. While Starfield’s simplified mechanics and fast travel might suit players looking for simplicity, some may be drawn to Star Citizen’s higher level of control and realism. The author appreciates Starfield for reminding them of Star Citizen’s immersive experience and the potential of MMOs to bring players together organically.

In conclusion, the author expresses their excitement for the future of Star Citizen, believing that Starfield’s success will improve the game by expanding the player base, introducing competition, providing a point of reference for feedback, and highlighting the strengths of the MMO genre. They invite readers to share their thoughts and experiences with Starfield and Star Citizen.