Star citizen - the multirole base builder - rsi galaxy

“In this video i wanted to take a closer look at the marvelous RSI Galaxy in Star Citizen.
Originally i didnt pick this ship up as i had numerous ships in my fleet which could do the same job.
Since then however i have downsized my fleet and needed a ship that was both easy to operate and versatile, enter the galaxy…This ship looks amazing and has great utility in the form of its modules and to add icing on the cake this ship will now b e able to build our space homes. This ship now ticks all the boxes for me and i truly cant wait for its release!
The Galaxy is a modular multirole ship manufactured by Roberts Space Industries. Focusing on versatility, the Galaxy is capable of equipping its crew to handle any task in the 'Verse.
Modularity
The Galaxy’s chassis is built around a configurable mid-ship space that supports interchangeable modules, empowering you and your crew to take on a wide variety of professional roles.
Hangar
One of the key features of the Galaxy is its rear hangar which has an ‘XX-Small’ landing pad. The hangar has a connecting doorway to the modular space. The hangar also provides space for 64 SCU of cargo. The 64 SCU cargo grids are 2x32 grids spaced at the edge of the hangar and do not interfere with the hangar metrics, allowing both an XXS ship and 64 SCU to be stored simultaneously.
Crew accommodations
The vehicle is designed to run with a crew of six, each with their own room, with the Captain having their own ready-room. There is a mess-hall and a recreation room with a pool table for relaxation.
Weapons
With three remote turrets (each equipped with two Size 5 guns) as well as two Size 4 missile hard-points (each carrying four Size 2 Missiles), the Galaxy can hit back hard when needed.”

The narrator discusses their excitement for the RSI Galaxy ship, highlighting its distinctive looks and the fact that it is a modular ship. They mention downsizing their fleet to focus on larger ships that offer flexibility and ease of operation. The ship comes with concept modules such as a hospital module for fleet battles, an onboard refinery for mining players, and a cargo variant with tractors and tractor beams. The narrator initially didn’t think they needed the ship, but changed their mind when they learned about its ability to build bases. They express their anticipation for base building and the ability to create their own home in the game.

The ship’s cargo variant has a capacity of 512 SCU and features an industrial lift for easy loading and unloading of vehicles, as well as tractor cranes for moving cargo. The hospital variant includes tier three med beds for stabilizing minor injuries, as well as a lift for transporting injured personnel. The refinery module allows players to process raw ore into sellable material, while the mineral extractors bring raw ore into the system for processing. The base building aspect is particularly exciting for the narrator, who explains that it gives them a goal and a reason to earn money in-game. They mention that current methods of making money may not have the same payout once the game is fully released.

The narrator is impressed with the quality and design of the RSI Galaxy, noting that it looks modern and has a bridge reminiscent of a cruise ship. They highlight the ship’s flexibility and the ability to swap modules for different roles and revenue streams. The ship’s ability to build small to large structures is mentioned, though it is not specified what exactly constitutes a small or large building. The narrator expresses their preference for the Galaxy over the Pioneer, as they feel the latter is too big and specialized for a solo player. They are excited about the possibilities of base building and cannot wait to start building their own home in the game.

In terms of base building, there is still a lot of information that has not been revealed, such as what other buildings the Galaxy can create and whether players will be able to tailor-make buildings for specific purposes like farming or mining. The narrator acknowledges that the Pioneer can do it all when it comes to base building, but they feel that the Galaxy is more suitable for their needs. They express their overall excitement for the game and how all the features, including base building, are coming together. The narrator concludes by encouraging viewers to share their thoughts on base building and the RSI Galaxy in the comments. They also provide the specifications of the ship for those interested in purchasing it.