Star Citizen: Reverse the Verse LIVE - Starting with Origin

"Tech Designers John Crewe and Corentin Billemont join Vehicle Artist Michael Sillitoe as we discuss the newly revealed Origin 100, the luxurious Origin 600 and the rework of the Aegis Avenger.

Ro"

In this episode of “Reverse the Verse Live,” the team discusses the work they’ve been doing on the Origin 600i, the Aegis Avenger rework, and the recently revealed Origin 100 series of starter ships. They begin by reviewing the Week in Review, which includes an episode of Calling All Devs, the release of a portfolio for Crusader Industries, and Bug Smashers with a focus on insurance issues. They also mention the shipshape episode that highlighted the updates for the Aegis Avenger, the Origin 600i, and the introduction of the Origin 100 series.

The panel of ship designers, John Crew, Quarantine Bellomont, and Michael Sillitoe, discuss their roles and the ships they have worked on. John is the lead technical designer and primarily works on ship concepts and balancing. Michael is a vehicle artist who makes the ships aesthetically pleasing. Quarantine is another technical designer who works closely with John. Regarding the Origin 100 series, they explain that it is a starter ship with limited firepower, but it can be effective when used in collaboration with other ships. They also mention plans for improving the effectiveness of size 1 guns in the future.

They address questions about the Avenger rework, including the addition of a standard nose hardpoint and the possibility of the return of the Tigerstrike gun. They also clarify that the Avenger will not have a modular system for modules like the Warlock and Stalker, as it would require significant changes to the ship’s design. They touch on the visibility of the Origin ships and how they prioritize creating sleek designs with good visibility. They mention the fuel system in the 100 series and clarify that it won’t regenerate fuel constantly but will require management.

The panel discusses the advantages and disadvantages of the 100 series compared to other starter ships like the Aurora and Mustang. They focus on factors like tankiness, speed, and maneuverability. They also mention that the 600i doesn’t come with an Origin Rover and that there are currently no plans for a racing variant of the 100 series. They talk about the field of view in the 100 series and the visibility from the cockpit. Additionally, they mention the possibility of including other modules, recreational activities, and the presence of bathrooms in the ships.

Finally, they briefly discuss the future plans for the Avenger and its modular system, the addition of the air fuel system in other ships, the future availability of other Origin starter ships, and the possibility of having tinted glass in the ships. They also mention that the 600i has two elevators and stairs for accessing different areas. The panel concludes by stating that they will continue working on the ships and making improvements. They tease an upcoming post about the hydrogen fuel system and remind viewers about the concept promotion and the upcoming free fly event.