Star Citizen May Introduce Modularity with ther Retaliator in 2024

"In this video I provide evidence for why I think modularity will be included with the Retaliator in Star Citizen in 2024.

Podcast: Launch Sequence with Space Tomato • A podcast on Spotify for Podcasters

Support me:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SpaceT"

Star Citizen has been teasing the implementation of modularity for a while now, and players have been eagerly awaiting its arrival. The game has used modularity as a sales tactic, which has sometimes frustrated players. The Retaliator ship has been mentioned in relation to modularity, and in a recent update, it was stated that the Retaliator modules would likely be the first to utilize this feature once it becomes available.

Since 2020, the development team has been working towards implementing modularity, tackling various challenges along the way. They have been focused on ensuring that the Retaliator and other ships comply with the necessary criteria, such as cockpit and component functionality, and proper door sizes. The art and functionality for the Retaliator’s customizable room modules, including cargo and drop ship compartments, were nearly completed two years ago.

While modularity is not yet confirmed, the latest update suggests that progress has been made on overcoming technical hurdles related to object containers and their connection to the ship. The example of the Retaliator’s torpedo droppers was cited as a challenge, but a successful test was conducted where the pilot could control and fire missiles and torpedoes attached inside the ship’s rear section. With the progress made so far, there is now no technical barrier to implementing modularity.

Overall, the inclusion of the Retaliator on a ship list for release in the near future, along with the recent update on modularity progress, suggests that it may soon become a reality in Star Citizen. While it is not confirmed, there are strong indications that the development team is working towards bringing this long-awaited feature to the game, and players are hopeful that the Retaliator will be among the first ships to benefit from modularity. However, until an official announcement is made, there remains some uncertainty.