Star Citizen: 400i - 1st impressions/ Buyer's guide/ Tour/ Comparison

The video discusses the 400i, a ship that is positioned as a competitor to the RSI Constellation and the Drake Corsair in terms of exploration. It is described as having a good balance between medium and large ships, offering luxury amenities and comfortable interiors. While it lacks firepower compared to combat-focused ships, it is faster and more maneuverable. The 400i has less cargo capacity but can accommodate smaller, high-value items. It includes a dedicated bay for an X1 vehicle and provides options for smuggling. The ship appeals to players who prioritize avoiding combat, appreciate the origin aesthetic, and seek a versatile vessel for exploration and other activities.

The video discusses the features and capabilities of the 400i spaceship in the game Star Citizen. The 400i is designed as a competitor to the RSI Constellation and the Drake Corsair, focusing primarily on exploration with added luxury and comfort. It falls in the medium-to-large ship category and offers amenities similar to larger vessels. The ship has a multi-level design with a centrally located lift for easy access. The interior features a wide panoramic view from the flight deck, reminiscent of the larger 890 Jump. It can accommodate three crew members comfortably and has a built-in command and control centre.

While the 400i lacks in firepower compared to dedicated combat ships, it compensates with its speed and manoeuvrability. Its turrets provide better coverage at the rear, although they are limited in front and sides. The ship’s primary armament consists of two size three gimbal guns, with the potential to be upgraded to two fixed size fours. It also carries 16 size one and 16 size two missiles. In terms of cargo capacity, the 400i has less than half of the RSI Constellation and slightly more than half of the Drake Corsair. However, it is still capable of carrying smaller, valuable items such as contraband and artifacts.

One of the selling points of the 400i is its ability to carry both cargo and a vehicle simultaneously. It has a cargo hold in the stern and a specialized bay in the nose to carry an X1 grav-lev bike. While the bay was designed for the X1, the video explores the possibility of fitting other small vehicles such as the Gray Cat PTV or the Nox. It can also store small boxes on the lift for additional supplies. However, the choice between cargo or vehicle storage needs to be made as both cannot be accommodated together.

The ship appeals to players who prioritize evasion over combat and appreciate the sleek origin aesthetic. It provides a smaller cross section, high speed, and an advanced sensor array for effective evading. Additionally, it has a large shield generator for added protection. The 400i offers versatility beyond exploration, serving as a scout ship and staging ground for FPS missions. The video also presents the idea of using the ship for smuggling, highlighting the potential use of shielded cargo boxes for added security. The 400i is a fuel-efficient ship with a long-range, making it suitable as a daily driver. However, it may not be the best choice for combat-focused players or those requiring significant cargo capacity.