RSI Zeus Mk II - Concept Ship Review

“I wanted to take a closer look at the Zeus MkII since CitCon but I’m just now getting round to it. As ever I’m not overly concerned about the $$$ value and making a call on whether it’s “worth it” or not - you’ll be able to buy all ships in”

In this video review, the YouTuber takes a closer look at the RSI Zeus Mk II series, a group of three ships that were announced at CitizenCon. The ships are designed for two to four-person crews, offering more choice in this range. The review focuses on the three variants of the Zeus Mk II: the ES (exploration), CL (cargo), and MR (bounty hunting).

The ES variant is geared towards exploration and features a large radar for scanning and data gathering. It also has extra shields for added protection. The ship has dual size four guns and an additional remote turret for weaponry. It has a cargo capacity of 32 seu, enough for bringing back items found during exploration.

The CL variant is designed for cargo hauling, with a cargo hold size of 128 seu, making it the largest in its weight class. It also has a size 2 tractor beam for loading and unloading cargo. The crew habitation area is more minimalistic to accommodate more cargo space.

The MR variant focuses on bounty hunting and includes a Quantum dampener and an EMP for disabling enemy ships. It has two remote turrets with size three weapons. The ship has a smaller cargo capacity of 16 seu, but it includes prisoner transport pods for capturing targets.

The review also discusses how the Zeus Mk II series compares to other ships in its weight class, such as the Freelancer, Cutlass, and Spirit. The Zeus ships are expected to outperform their competitors in terms of capabilities, although they may be slightly slower. The YouTuber also mentions the importance of ship progression and how the Zeus series offers a logical path for players to upgrade their ships within the same role.

Overall, the reviewer is excited about the Zeus Mk II series and looks forward to seeing them in the game. They particularly highlight the MR variant as their favorite, anticipating more involvement in the bounty hunting gameplay loop. The smaller size of the ships also appeals to them, as smaller ships may become more popular as players gain experience with the game’s systems.