Overdrive Initiative Guide #1 - Intel Raid

“We’ve been having a (literal) blast with the new Overdrive Initiative missions and I’m going to put together small guides to help folks out completing the whole chain as they release. Hope this helps - let’s smash Xenothreat!!!”

The Overdrive Initiative is a series of missions in Star Citizen where players work on behalf of the civilian Defense Force against the Xeno threat faction. The first phase is called Intel RAID, with more varied missions to follow in the coming weeks leading up to a reworked Xeno threat Fleet battle. A new ship, the Anvil Hornet F7C Mark I, is also introduced for sale. Completing the full Overdrive Initiative chain will earn players a free CCU upgrade token to go from the F7C Mark I to the full military spec F7A Mark I.

To participate in the Intel RAID mission, players will need to access it through the MobiGlas contract manager and be prepared with FPS gear, armor, weapons, and ammunition. The mission takes place in existing bunkers on various planetary systems, requiring teamwork due to the combat nature of the mission. Players will face Xeno threat enemies armed with custodian and P8 SMGs, necessitating careful ammo management and potentially acquiring tigerclaw hacking cards for use during the mission.

Approaching the bunkers can be done with a heavy turreted ship to tank the turrets while gunners take them out, or a ground vehicle like a Cyclone can be used for a more subtle approach. Once inside the bunker, players must locate the server room, insert a hacking card, and run a hacking process to upload data while preventing firewalls from going up. This involves monitoring terminals, entering codes, and dealing with server overheats that require specific actions to resolve.

The Intel RAID mission consists of multiple uploads that must be completed within a time limit, with the number of uploads increasing as the mission progresses. Teamwork is crucial for success, with players coordinating to monitor terminals, enter codes, and protect against enemy spawns. Bugs may be encountered during the mission, but having one designated person accept missions can help avoid confusion. Completing the entire chain of missions may take around 3 hours, depending on factors like server stability and travel time between locations.

Overall, the Intel RAID mission in the Overdrive Initiative offers engaging gameplay that rewards teamwork and coordination. Players can expect challenges, such as dealing with turrets, hacking terminals, and managing server uploads, while working together to overcome obstacles. The mission design encourages communication and collaboration among players, making it a fun and rewarding experience in Star Citizen.