I've been flying in Star Citizen with a Spacemouse for 8 months

“Now that I’ve used it for some time, what do I think about using a 3D mouse in Star Citizen? The answer, as well as more info on my current setup, is right here.”

In this video, Express man provides an update on his experience using a space mouse for the past 8 months in Star Citizen. He starts off by clarifying that he does not support or engage in piracy, as there may be misconceptions about his intentions. He then introduces his setup, consisting of the Logitech Space Mouse and the Logitech x56 throttle. He mentions that he hasn’t even used the joystick in his setup, as he’s found the space mouse and throttle combination to be perfect for his gameplay.

Express man explains that he has simplified his controls by using one profile for his joystick, utilizing the curves profile in Joystick Gremlin. He demonstrates how he flies ships using the space mouse for steering, while reserving other functions for the throttle. He also mentions having a stream deck configured for additional key bindings. He further describes how he rests his arm on a rolled-up scarf to provide support when using the space mouse, allowing his hand to hover for better maneuverability.

He proceeds to showcase his gameplay in Star Citizen, battling enemy ships in Arena Commander. He demonstrates how he uses the space mouse for precise movements, such as lifting straight up and adjusting speed with the thumb rocker. He also mentions mapping various functions to his throttle, including target selection and chaft/flare deployment. He notes that he still has to figure out the mappings for certain controls.

Express man concludes by expressing his satisfaction with the space mouse setup after 8 months of use. He mentions his intention to continue using it, with ongoing experimentation focused on perfecting his throttle configuration. He plans to create a technical video explaining how he sets up the curves for the space mouse and the important bindings. Finally, he thanks viewers for watching and promises to provide updates on his space mouse adventures in future videos.