I tried to play Star Citizen so you don't have to

montoya reacts:

“Raking in 1.7M views, Jayvee’s experience in Star Citizen is one of his biggest videos in years!”

YouTuber JV’s video titled “I Tried to Play Star Citizen So You Don’t Have To” highlights the challenges and confusion faced by new players in the game. The video’s popularity and feedback emphasize the need for clearer instructions and guidance to improve the new player experience in Star Citizen.

The video titled “I Tried to Play Star Citizen So You Don’t Have To” by YouTuber JV has garnered 1.7 million views, indicating the growing popularity of the game among new players. This highlights the impact that large YouTubers and content creators have in drawing attention to Star Citizen. JV’s video serves as a valuable insight into the new player experience, which can be challenging due to the game’s complexity and unfinished state.

In the video, JV navigates the process of purchasing Star Citizen on Steam, expressing confusion over the concept of buying a game package for an alpha product. He also finds the abundance of add-ons and the roadmap information overwhelming. Additionally, he encounters difficulties when attempting to download the game and complete his transaction due to pending payment status.

Once in the game, JV experiences choppy performance upon loading in and struggles to understand the various stations and maps within the spaceport. He eventually figures out how to retrieve his ship from a terminal but faces challenges identifying the correct ship sales area. JV’s confusion continues as he explores the mechanics of taking off and initiating a quantum jump.

Eventually, JV tries to complete a mission involving picking up a package, but encounters issues with the quest markers disappearing. He resorts to logging out and waking up in the station again, only to find that the package is no longer available. Despite the frustrations, JV is impressed by the visuals and overall gameplay experience.

Overall, JV’s video provides valuable feedback on the new player experience in Star Citizen, emphasizing the need for clearer instructions and guidance within the game. The video’s popularity highlights the influence of content creators in attracting new players to the game.