Gatac Syulen: The Latest Starter Ship in Star Citizen

"Hello Citizens and Welcome! It’s IAE again and the latest offering to the Starter Ship line-up is brought to us by the Noble House of Gatac!

I’ve spent a number of hours running this Mechanical Starfish around Stanton and I’ve collected my"

The Gatac Syulen is a recent release from Gatac, an alien manufacturer in Star Citizen. It is designed as a starter ship for both alien and human players and has the standard features expected of such vehicles. The ship has a vertical base with three landing gears and a visually striking design that resembles spaceships from science fiction movies. Inside, it has three levels, including a living space with a bed, hygiene room, desk, and table. The cockpit area has a cool floating alien seat and a relatively open canopy.

The Syulen comes equipped with a small power generator, cooler, and shields, as well as a size one Quantum Drive. It has a fuel capacity of 2600 for Quantum travel, which is more than standard starter ships. While it is not specifically listed as a Pathfinder ship, it seems to be tailored towards that gameplay style. Additionally, it has decent firepower with three laser repeaters and 12 missiles, making it capable in lower-tier PVE dogfights. The ship also has 6 SCU of cargo space with grab tech mounts on the outside for cargo hauling.

The Gatac Syulen is priced at 71.50 war bond or $115 and is categorized as a starter ship, although it may be considered expensive compared to other options. It performs well, being agile and maneuverable with 24 directional thrusters. However, it has a wider profile, making it easier for enemies to target. Flying in Quantum with the Syulen is satisfying due to its unique appearance. The ship’s landed orientation is reminiscent of old rockets, and taking off and landing is done horizontally. Engaging the landing gear and using landing assist is advisable, as the wider wingspan may cause the ship to clip hangar doors on smaller landing pads.

Overall, the Gatac Syulen is an enthusiast pick with its unique appearance and behavior. While it has no standout features that scream “pick me” as a starter ship, those looking for something different may find it appealing. However, for players who want to spend less, there are better options like the Cutlass or Aurora. The author enjoys the ship’s newness and organic engine sound but highlights the gripes about the cargo slots. Once pyro is introduced, the larger fuel capacity of the Syulen may increase its value.