Farrister’s Fleet & Why I Bought Ships (2023 Update) | Star Citizen 3.21 4K

“Showing gameplay and cinematic footage from various Star Citizen patches, in this video I talk about the ships that form part of my “fleet” (as much as I hate the term) as of 2023, and why I chose them.”

In this video, Farrister discusses the updates to his personal fleet in Star Citizen. He emphasizes that many of the ships can be obtained in-game currency, but he occasionally spends real cash for convenience in making videos. He clarifies that while he refers to it as a “fleet,” he will only be flying one ship at a time for different purposes. His ship choices are based on personal preferences and usefulness in the current game state. He is open to changing his ships as the game progresses.

Farrister starts by discussing his solo ships. The Crusader Industries Aries Inferno is his star fighter of choice for NPC contracts, with its appealing aesthetics and satisfying ballistic Gatling gun sound. He also owns the MK Prospector and the Expanse, which provide access to mining and refining gameplay respectively. These ships have become mainstays for him, as they are useful for creating content for his viewers.

Next, he mentions ships that can be flown solo but also accommodate a friend. The new C1 Spirit stands out for its versatility, with a short spawn timer, good Quantum Drive speed, and a cargo bay large enough for a mining Rover. The Vulture is another solo ship that he fell in love with for its salvage gameplay, which requires less brain power compared to mining.

He then discusses ships that can work with a single person or a small group. The M2 Hercules, despite being somewhat replaced by the C1 Spirit, still serves a purpose due to its expansive cargo bay and ability to transport vehicles. The Hull D is included for its higher cargo storage, acquired at a relatively affordable price during a buyback option. These ships cater to his money-making objectives as well as future video creation.

Lastly, Farrister expresses his excitement for the Javelin class destroyer, a multi-crew experience he plans to use with a consistent group on a weekly schedule. It offers various crew stations and amenities, making it self-contained. Being highly defensible with strong armor and shields, the Javelin aligns with his defensive gameplay preference and has the potential for exciting missions and YouTube videos.

Overall, Farrister recognizes his fortune in acquiring a variety of ships but acknowledges that most players only need a starter pack. He encourages discussion in the comments about his setup and ship choices, acknowledging that personal decisions vary and that unlocking ships in-game is possible with sufficient gameplay.