Bad Takes and Space Bushido Hinder Good Fights | Star Citizen

"In this video, I want to directly address the latest strawmen propped up by the anti-master mode crowd and how their bad takes on gameplay direction and the flight model not only make Star Citizen worse as a game, but actively make fights themselves less fun.

There have been a lot of videos made on the current flight model by a lot of bad youtubers and bad spectrum posters. I think it’s important to not refute their baseless arguments against changes in Star Citizen with baseless responses, but rather give the factual argument as to why the flight model needs to change, not regress.

I’m a fan of showing my work, so I will also be going over comments made by CIG developers that show that the current flight model was never going to be the long-term direction of the game, and how things will need to change to facilitate the success of Star Citizen.

As I mention in the video, I am not going after 1v1 encounters or dogfights exclusively"

The text discusses the concept of Master modes in the game Star Citizen, focusing on team fight elements. It addresses common criticisms of Master modes, such as the issue of speed in battles. The text argues that the current speed settings in the game prevent real team fights from happening, as battles lack commitment and can easily be disengaged. It explains that the game’s artificial speed limits are justified by in-universe law reasons, ensuring gameplay balance and preventing server issues in PvP scenarios.

Furthermore, the text counters the argument that Master modes make the game too easy, asserting that while it is more accessible, it still requires skill to master. It emphasizes that the appeal of Star Citizen should not solely rely on mastering the flight model but should encompass various aspects like roles, professions, organizations, and competition within the MMO environment. The text also challenges the notion that Master modes force players to conform to specific playstyles, stating that different ships should have distinct roles and playstyles for balanced gameplay.

Moreover, the text addresses the criticism of Master modes being labeled a “DPS race,” attributing this perception to the game’s combat mechanics rather than the flight model changes. It argues that the nature of space combat inherently involves depleting shields and hull points, leading to a focus on damage output. The text concludes by advocating for accessibility in the game, highlighting the importance of not requiring excessive training or practice outside of the main MMO gameplay to be competent. It emphasizes the need for players to enjoy the game without feeling obligated to engage in separate training modes.