An Architect Reviews the 890J Super Yacht - Star Citizen

“In this much anticipated installment, I employ my skills as a professional Architectural designer to critically examine and critique the newly released Origin 890J Super Yacht. This video is not meant to be negative, but is instead meant to provide positive feedback while viewing the new ship both inside and out. You might also learn a bit about Architecture and Design process along the way!”

In this video, the host, Morphologist, reviews the 890J Super Yacht in the video game Star Citizen. He begins by comparing it to its predecessor, the 600 I, and states that the 890J has surpassed it in terms of beauty and design. He praises the sleek and powerful wedge-shaped exterior, with layered materials adding depth to the design. Moving to the interior, he examines the ship from the perspective of VIP guests and the crew.

For VIP guests, he highlights the importance of the entry point and procession into the ship. He discusses the use of lighting and materials to create a sense of luxury and grandeur in the foyer. The formal dining room is well-located, with a good view and a design that impresses guests. He points out some design flaws in the master suite, such as insufficient storage space and lack of double vanities. However, he notes the well-designed private dinette and the use of warm lighting in the space.

Next, Morphologist explores the crew areas of the ship. He discusses the utilitarian design of the crew quarters, with separate living and sleeping areas. He also examines the galley and activity areas, noting the thoughtful placement of preparation areas and storage. He then critiques the design of the battle bridge, suggesting improvements to make it more defensible. Finally, he explores the helm of the ship, praising the spacious and functional design, with luxurious materials and impressive touch screens.

In conclusion, Morphologist finds the 890J Super Yacht to be a success in terms of its design, though not without flaws. He appreciates the balance of luxury and spaciousness, as well as the thoughtful consideration given to the user experience. However, he also points out areas for improvement, such as the need for more storage in the master suite and better defense measures in certain areas. Overall, he is impressed with the design and expresses his desire to own the ship himself.