An Architect Reviews the 600i - Star Citizen

“In this unusual approach to doing a review, I employ my skills as a professional Architectural designer to critically examine and critique the newly released Origin 600i. This video is not meant to be negative, but is instead meant to provide positive feedback while viewing the new ship both inside and out. You might also learn a thing or two about design language!”

In this video, a practicing architect reviews the 600i, a ship in the game Star Citizen. The architect discusses the flaws in the ship’s interior design and how it could be improved. The cockpit of the ship is praised for its beautiful design and visibility, but the back of the cockpit is criticized for being unused space with no seating or access for the crew. Moving to the exploration module, the architect points out that the science stations are separated from the main holographic display, making communication with the captain difficult.

The rear end of the ship is noted for its luxurious design, reminiscent of high-end yachts. However, the architect suggests better utilization of the space by reconfiguring the bar and adding more seating areas. The lower deck of the ship is described as intimate and well-designed, except for the area leading to storage and engineering which interrupts the relaxation space of the passengers. The elevator in the ship is praised for its successful design language, with glass doors and a circular interior.

The crew quarters, according to the architect, are the least successful part of the ship’s interior design. The lack of privacy and exposure to other crew members is noted as a major flaw. The architect suggests reducing the size of the bathrooms and creating a shared space to increase comfort and privacy in the crew quarters. The cargo area is commended for its well-utilized space, providing storage for vehicles and a visual connection to the exploration module. Lastly, the captain’s quarters are highly praised for their intimate and well-conceived design, showcasing how smaller spaces can still feel luxurious.

Overall, the architect acknowledges the successful design and material selection of the 600i but highlights the inconsistencies in space utilization and arrangement. The architect hopes that this review helps the designers improve the ship’s interior design in future iterations. The audience is encouraged to share their thoughts on the design and functionality of the ship in the comments section.