12 Highlights from CitizenCon - Part 1

“CitCon 2953 was a thoroughly enjoyable watch, and it’s going to take quite a long time to properly break down and get the most out of. But for now I just wanted to put together a few of my key highlights (then a few turned into 12 so I spli”

In this video, the content creator shares their personal highlights from CitizenCon, the annual convention for Star Citizen. They mention that while they are not particularly knowledgeable about the technical aspects of the game, they were impressed by the Star Engine demo and its destructible environments and server meshing capabilities. They also mention that the Pyro system will be accessible through a preview channel, which they believe will benefit the overall game by allowing for the testing of new features.

The content creator expresses their excitement for the in-depth presentation on the engineering system, highlighting the potential implications for multi-crew gameplay. They mention that while it might pose some challenges for solo players, NPC crew and maintenance mechanics could help mitigate these concerns. They then move on to discuss the newly unveiled RSI Zeus Mark I, a ship with a crew size of three, and express their enthusiasm for the potential of bounty hunting gameplay with the Mr. Security variant.

The content creator shares their anticipation for the improvements to the EVA mechanics, particularly the change in default character positioning to a prone stance, which they believe will make maneuvering in space smoother. They also mention the upcoming development of land claiming and base building in Q1 2024, highlighting the different security levels and associated rewards and risks. They express their satisfaction with the balance between solo player safety and competitive gameplay for larger organizations.

Lastly, the content creator discusses the fabrication and ship manufacturing systems, expressing their excitement and mentioning the possibility of playing controlled ship factories. They conclude by expressing their overall happiness with the developer pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in Star Citizen and applauding the community around the game. They encourage viewers to watch the presentations and express their personal highlights.