1080ti vs 2080ti Side by Side in STAR CITIZEN, Is it Worth It?

"In this more in depth look at hardware than I usually do on my channel, I take my old and new videocards and compare them side by side to see if the increase in performance really justifies the massive 1,300 usd price tag. The results may "

In this video, Morphologist compares the performance of the 1080ti and the 2080ti graphics cards in Star Citizen, focusing on the question of whether the 2080ti is worth the high price tag. He starts by looking at other games, such as Battlefield 1, to establish a baseline for performance. In Battlefield 1, there was a noticeable but not substantial increase in performance with the 2080ti. However, in Space Engineers, there was almost no difference in frames between the two cards.

Moving on to Star Citizen, Morphologist finds that the increase in frames per second (FPS) with the 2080ti compared to the 1080ti is significant in the character creation screen, reaching over 20 FPS at times. However, he notes that the performance online can be limited by the server, resulting in low FPS for both cards. Nonetheless, the 2080ti consistently experiences higher FPS, averaging around 10 FPS more than the 1080ti, which makes the experience more enjoyable.

When examining different scenes in Star Citizen, there were instances where the performance difference between the two cards seemed negligible, but this may have been due to server health rather than actual performance. Overall, in locations like Hurston, the 2080ti outperformed the 1080ti by an average of 10 frames per second. Despite these findings, Morphologist personally believes that the price of the 2080ti is too steep for the performance boost it offers. He advises those with a 1080ti to stick with it unless they need the additional features of the 2080ti.

Morphologist invites viewers to share their own experiences and opinions in the comments section. He also includes his referral code for those interested in starting Star Citizen and offers a code for 5000 UEC starting cash. In conclusion, the video suggests that while the 2080ti does provide a performance boost over the 1080ti, it may not be worth the high price unless users specifically need its additional features.